John and Matthew talk about WeChat’s mini-programs. Introduced earlier this year, the full potential of mini-programs were not apparent at launch, leading some to speculate that they would never be useful. Matt is pretty bullish while John has a wait-and-see attitude.
Questions they answer:
- What are mini-programs?
- Are these mini-apps or mini-programs?
- How are they different from apps? How are they different from WeChat official accounts?
- What are the advantages to users of using mini-programs? What are the advantages to businesses of using mini-programs?
- What are the drawbacks of using mini-programs?
- How do users find mini-programs?
- TechNode: Panel: WeChat mini-apps have promise, but fail to deliver
- John Artman: Data from Cheetah Global Lab reinforces that WeChat IS the Chinese internet
- China Tech Insights: WeChat User & Business Ecosystem Report 2017 | Exclusive
- Matthew Brennan: Wechat Podcast Mini Programs
- Matthew Brennan: List of 100 WeChat Mini Programs
- Matthew Brennan: WeChat launches new style QR codes For Mini Programs
- Matthew Brennan: How To Use WeChat Mini Programs