John and Matthew go deeper on bike sharing and respond to some listener feedback.
Questions they answer:
- How many bikes are on the streets?
- How many users do Mobike and ofo have?
- How much are these two companies worth?
- How do they generate revenue?
- What are some potential monetization strategies?
- How do Mobike and ofo fit in with Tencent and Alibaba’s broader strategy?
- How has the government responded? What will future regulation look like?
- TechNode’s coverage of bike sharing
- Sheila Yu: Mobike announces “Magic Cube,” an AI made from its mountains of user data
- John Artman: Mobike jumps on hongbao bandwagon with “Mobike, mo’ money”
- Matthew Brennan: Mobike & Ofo: Bike Sharing Industry Report (Nov 2016)
- Matthew Brennan: China Bike Sharing Report: March 2017
- ReportLinker: China Bicycle Sharing Industry Report, 2017-2021
- iResearch: 2017年中国共享单车行业研究报告