John and Matthew talk with Steve Hoffman, Founder and Captain of Founders Space. Steve has tons of experience in the Valley and has been spending more and more time in China. We talk about a variety of things, including:
- How does Chinese government policy give Chinese startups an advantage?
- Why are business people so popular in China?
- How is innovation different in China compared to the Valley?
- Why is WeChat so much better than every other social network?
- Steve Hoffman: Making Elephants Fly: The Process of Radical Innovation
- Yuval Noah Harari: Homo Deus: A brief history of tomorrow
- Emma Lee: Tencent reports 58% profit surge on strong Q1 driven by WeChat and gaming
- Matthew Brennan: 2017 WeChat User Report Is Out!
- Eva Xiao: WeChat just launched a search engine. Baidu should worry.
- How to leave an iTunes review