Matt and John try to understand the recent (and not so recent) moves by China’s internet giants into offline retail.
- Alibaba to invest $4.6 billion in China electronics retailer Suning
- JD vs Alibaba: The war for China’s fresh food
- Alibaba is revamping China’s offline retailing through a bottom-up approach
- Tencent to challenge Alibaba’s new retail with new investment in Yonghui’s Super Species
- Tencent Leads $5.4 Billion Investment in Wanda Commercial
- Tencent to Back Carrefour in Challenge to Alibaba in Retail
- Alibaba’s offline expansion widens to home furnishing with 15% stake purchase in Easyhome