This week, Matt and John take a look at the stories and trends of 2018, including gaming restrictions, Tencent’s restructuring, the delivery and coffee wars, WeChat mini programs, and Bullet Messenger
- The relevant episodes:
- Gaming: 18: China’s gaming and e-sports industry with Daniel Ahmad, 39: PUBG and the future of Steam in China with Charlie Moseley
- Tencent: 45: Tencent vs Alibaba – The battle for China’s offline retail with WSJ’s Liza Lin, 61: How technology has changed music in China
- Delivery and O2O: 42: China’s mobility and transport market gets all mixed up
- Luckin and the coffee wars: 46: Internet business models disrupt China’s coffee market: Luckin Coffee, 56: China coffee wars revisited: Luckin vs Starbaba
- Mini-programs: 35: A change in WeChat is a change in Chinese society, 65: Walmart China: Ted Hopkins live from TechCrunch Shenzhen
- Bullet Messenger: 58: Is Bullet Messenger a WeChat killer?